December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Queridos amigos y familia,

¡FELIZ AÑO! 2013 is already here! I can't believe it. Family, it was SO fun to be able to see and talk to all of you on Christmas. I feel so blessed to call you my family. You Vawdreys do incredible things! I'm glad to hear that things are going well and that you had a nice Christmas.

I too had a good Christmas. It was a little bit sad in the beginning, like I told you on Christmas, because we received Emergency Transfers. Hermana Gallegos and I were heartbroken that we were getting separated because we truly had become best friends. We were only together for 2 weeks, but they were some of my favorite 2 weeks of my mission. Emergency transfers don't happen that often, but there is always a reason. The mission president knows what he is doing because he is guided by the inspiration of the Lord. I don't know details of why there were emergency transfers, but it really doesn't matter. It feels right! My new companion's name is Hermana Andrea Rodriguez from URUGUAY! She joined the church along with her parents and her brother about 10 years ago. She loves missionary work, and served many mini missions before she actually left on her mission. She has a beautiful testimony and I am excited to serve with her.

Ooh! Good news, we moved this week! We now live in our area! You have no idea how much of a relief it is. Now we can actually work until 9pm, and we don't have to pay money to travel to and from our area each day. Our new place is really nice, and quite roomy! We're really excited about it. It's a big building that actually used to be a hotel. We live on the seventh floor, so we have a neat view of the city. The only draw back is that we have a clothes washer, but no place to hook it up to the water. haha We're hoping to get that fixed this week. But other than that we're excited about the change.

Bad news. I found a lice bug in my hair this week. It was dead...but still. Merry Christmas? Umm...no. Mom, stop worrying! I used the lice kit you sent me and it worked like a charm. I'm fine. Happy and lice free! Hermana Carson had lice a while ago, and we're thinking that maybe with the move some of the lice got spread around. Okay. That's disgusting... Here's a question for you, why did God create lice? ha I know there is always a purpose for everything, but for lice I don't have the answer.

Other bad news. I had a whole bunch of pictures I was about to send you and the computer erased my memory card. :( Next week I guess. Dad, I had the picture for you to crop in the family picture...but I guess I'll try to send it again next week.

Guess what?! "I", the lady I told you about last week, she went to church yesterday! We were absolutely thrilled. She loved it too. She wasn't feeling well after church because of some health problems she has, so we arranged for her to have a blessing. It was such a neat experience. The spirit was so strong!

Good news! The church is true! I have absolutely no doubt. I am grateful to be able to devote myself full time to share the miraculous message with my brothers and sisters in Argentina. :) Thank you to ALL of you for you love, support, prayers, and encouragement. And here's a shout out to all of you who have contributed financially for Brian and me to serve missions. Thank you so much! I am humbled to be blessed by your desire to help edify the kingdom of God on the Earth.

I hope you all have a very happy new year! I love you all!

Un besito,
-Hermana Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment