December 10, 2012

Transfers!

Queridos Amigos,'

This past week was a big week. I've got a lot to write! The biggest news of the week is that we got transfer calls! Hermana Carson was called to serve in Mar del Plata, Barrio Centro. I am so excited for her. We ended the transfer really great because we had so much success together. I feel like we accomplished and we learned together everything that the Lord needed us to. It's been a great ride!

I was assigned to stay in this great area and my new companion's name: Hermana Gallegos! For you Americanos, her last name is pronounced: "Guy-eh-gos". She's so awesome! I'm super excited to be her companion. She's my first Latina companion! She's from Santiago, Chile. She looks like a princess!! I'm serious. She came from Castéx, where she was serving with Hermana Newton. (Remember her?! My "hija"! Hermana Newton and I were companions in Puerto.) Hermana Gallegos has been on her mission about 8ish months and seems like an incredible missionary. She's the only member in her family! They are all very Evangelico. She joined the Church about 3 years ago and has an incredible love for the work. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for us.

Hermana Squire is now with Hermana Gomez! YES! She's so great! She's Hermana Jensen's hija. I lived with Hermana Gomez in Puerto for 3 weeks until my transfer here, so I'm excited to be able to live with her again and learn from her example and love of the gospel.

I received good news the other day. When Hermana Newton and I were in Puerto, we were working a lot with some recent converts who had started to go inactive: R and P. We decided to get them excited about reading the Book of Mormon all the way through. Well I heard that just this past Fast Sunday, R bore his testimony and talked about how he's reading the Book of Mormon, and he bore testimony about how much he loves the Book of Mormon. Not only that, but he is now active! BOOM BABY! The Book of Mormon is so cool. So cool! The Book of Mormon is truly the key to conversion. I love how there is an endless list of people who's lives have been changed by reading the Book of Mormon. It's only because it's true!

Okay...other news. Last week was crazy so I didn't really have time to explain. Since Elders can now leave on their missions when they are 18, and girls can leave when they are 19 years old, they have changed the MTC a little bit. Missionaries won't be there as long now to accomodate all of the missionaries. With this change, it affected all of the dates of when transfers end. Originally I was going to finish my mission on March 5th, now I will be finishing on March 26th. Sorry Mom. You gotta wait 3 extra weeks. I had the choice to go home a transfer early, but that would put me at going home about a month and a half early--which I don't want to do. I was called to serve a mission for 18 months, and I want to help the Lord with His work. :)  I know that like it says in Amos 3:7 "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, save he revealeth, his secrets unto his servents the prophets." This change of transfers was made through revelation. This change is what the Lord wants. I know He needs me to help His children for a little bit longer, and I am willing to do it! Just like the family motto, right? I will GO AND DO what the Lord hath commandeth! (1 Nephi 3:7)

Family, I love you! Thank you for supporting me on my mission. This gospel is incredible. It's true. And I am so grateful to be called to share it with my brothers in sisters in Argentina. I hope you all have a great week! CHAMO!!
-Hermana Vawdrey

A cute girl that got baptized in Barrio Arias

Check out these pancakes!

Hermana Gallegos!

Other thoughts:

  • Argentines think they have to eat hard boiled eggs with EVERYTHING! On hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, tacos, etc. 
  • I'm realizing that I am now brainwashed into thinking that I have to eat everything with a fork and a knife. Ha!
  • Paul and Lindsey--I know this is super belated, but congrats on being able to move! I'm excited for you! Love you!
  • Devin Kelm--I was thinkin'about you the other day. Hope you're well!


No comments:

Post a Comment