August 7, 2012

We just need to trust Him

Today I'm starting another transfer! It's so crazy how fast time is going by. I'm going to hit my one year mark in the mission next week. SO WEIRD! We received transfer calls this passed Friday and I will be staying here in Puerto with Hermana Newton. I'm excited to have more time to serve and learn with her. We work well together and I'm excited to see what miracles will come during this transfer. There was a surprise however, because Hermana Linco was transfered back to Bahía to Barrio Hospital. She was only here in Puerto for one transfer--6 weeks, but it's been neat to see how that was the will of the Lord. Hermana Jensen will also be staying in Puerto and she's going to be training! I am super excited for her. I think the world of her and I'm excited that we get to be here together in Puerto a little bit longer.

Luckily it's starting to warm up here in Mar del Plata. It's still weird to say that it's August and I walk around in a coat all day! Spring is coming however, and we're looking forward to it.

Big news! The Puerto (port) is going to open up again! I can't even remember if I had told you if it closed...Hmm. Well, like half of the people here work out in the Puerto and work with the fish and everything. There was some law that passed a few months ago that required people to pay an extra expensive fee. This put lots of people out of work and the Puerto ended up closing. Things were bad for about 4 months because people didn't have work, money, food, or anything. But news is that it's going to open up again and people will have work! Yay! The people already seem to be a little happier today. :)

Missionary work is going well here. We taught two guys a lot this week: E and M. They're super evangelico so they say Amen after just about every sentence we say. haha Or they call us their Angeles. Oh dear... But they're reading the Book of Mormon and love talking about Jesus. :)

This week I really studied a lot about obedience. I love in the Pearl of Great Price in Moses 5:6-7 when the angel asks Adam why he offers sacrifices. He responds to say that he does it because the Lord told him to, even though he doesn't understand why. What faith and obedience! I hope to be like that one day to do things even without an explanation why, because if the Lord tells us to do something there's no reason to doubt! He knows what he's doing, and all we need to do is trust Him.

One last thought from the famous Preach My Gospel: "As you obey, you increase in faith, knowledge, wisdom, testimony, protection, and freedom."

Hope all is well!
Besos!
-Hermana Vawdrey

Mi Distrito

Mom's famous cheese braid is now famous in Argentina too!

No comments:

Post a Comment