August 20, 2012

12 months down, 6 more to go!

Hola!

It's been such a busy week. I was dying for a P-day! Thanks for all of your letters and the pictures. It's so fun to see everyone growing up! Mom, guess what! I got your package finally! Thank you! And thanks for the lice kit! haha Hopefully I won't need to use it, but it feels good to be prepared!

This week we had a multi-zone conference because Elder Viñas, of the 70 came. It was a great conference. It was centered a lot on the topic of the Atonement, and I learned so much. It's always incredible to all be in one room with about 150ish missionaries. The spirit was so strong, and it was incredible to think that we are all here to use the Lord's Atonement to spread the gospel all over the world.

The Buenos Aires Temple open house was this week, and many of our recent converts, menos activos, and even investigators were able to go! It was a HUGE blessing to many prayers and fasts. It's been so neat to see the change in countenence of these people as they have come back from the temple. O went! S also went (our "eternigator" ha he better get baptized soon, speaking of....) But it was just a great week to focus on the blessings of the temple and help everyone get ready to go. Unfortunately we weren't able to go, and I can't wait to actually go through the temple again. It's been so long.

Spring is officially coming! And I think people seemed to be a lot more smiley in the street today because of it. :) I'm ready for it.

I celebrated my one year mark on my mission this week. (And I finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish to celebrate!!!) But one year? Oh my. I can't believe that. I feel like I've done so much and nothing at all at the same time. It's weird how time makes you feel that way. We had a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) planned the night of my "cumple mes" and the other Hermanas turned it into a surprise party for me. I was TOTALLY surprised. :) They're really thoughtful. They had decorated the house all up with balloons and a sign that said "Feliz 1er Añito" haha I loved it.

Anyway, I hope all is well on the home front. You're in my prayers! Love you all!

-Hermana Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment