April 2, 2012

Hermana Juli Ann Jensen

Familia y Amigos,

So I've got some news for you all! I already have a new companion! Hermana Orton got transfered to Puerreydon, which we were very surprised about. We only got to be together for one transfer. It was a great transfer together though, and I am very grateful for the time that we had together. She has such a love for the people and this work, and her energy is contagious!!

My new companion arrived this morning at about 5:30am. Her name is Hermana Juli Ann Jensen, and she's from Ceder City, Utah! She is such a hoot! En serio. She makes me laugh so much, and I am already so excited to serve with her. She has been in Argentina for eight-ish months now, and speaks Castellano well. I am excited for what the Lord has in store for the two of us here in Puerto.

It ended up being an eventful week, and again we saw many miracles! Last Saturday we passed by a recent convert. One of her friends happened to be at her house, so we invited him to church! And he went! Then he just happened to sit by our ward mission leader during sacrament meeting--who asked him if he would listen to the missionaries, read the Book of Mormon, and go to church every Sunday for a month to see if he needed to be baptized. And guess what?! He said he would! We met with him a few days later to teach lesson one, and he now has a baptismal date. :)

A few days later we had a prompting to pass by another recent convert, who is now less-active. We passed by about 10 times this past transfer and they were never home. But this time they finally were! They let us right in and it turns out that their home teachers were over just about to start sharing their message. They invited us to join, and about one minute later a friend of their daughter walked in. The home teacher then transitioned the message into the first discussion and asked the girl if she would be interested in listening to the missionaries. We were absolutely shocked! Two investigators in one week--all prepared by the ward members! I truly am so blessed to be able to serve here in Puerto. I love it!

General Conference this weekend was awesome, wasn't it? Man, I love listening to the prophet's voice! Luckily I got to listen to 3 of the 4 sessions in English, along with about 20 other Elders who serve here in Mar del Plata. The last session I watched in the home of our ward missionary. I understood the general idea of the talks in that session...but definitely not every word! It was neat because even though I didn't understand everything, that was probably my favorite session! It gave me a chance to sincerely listen to the Holy Ghost, to what I needed to learn and do from each talk to be able to serve my brothers and sisters in Argentina.

I loved thinking during conference that my family and friends were all listening to the same messages at the same time! We are so blessed to have the technology to listen to conference in many languages and in many countries all over the world! The church is true in every part of the world! I am so grateful for the chance that we have every six months to all join together to be uplifted and hear a prophet's voice. Remember what you learned during conference. Remember the promptings you had during conference. Now is the time to act on them!

I love you all!
-Hermana Vawdrey

Ps. I'm sorry, I had a ton of pictures I wanted to send today but the computer I'm at doesn't have a USB port :( Next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment