June 11, 2012

Ha! What?

Family and Friends,

About a week ago we were doing some contacting and we talked to a young man named G. On Wednesday we had plans to do divisions with some of the Ward Missionaries in the far end of our area. It was pouring rain all day that day so we ended up changing our plans. Daniela and I went to go to a couple of appointments and I felt prompted to go see G again. And I'm so glad we did! Daniela and I were able to teach him lesson one and he accepted a baptismal date without a problem! What? We were so excited.

Not only that, but the spirit was so strong. It was one of those moments when I really realized how far I have come with the language because I took initiative to teach the entire lesson and had no problem at all! I went a whole lesson without saying "cómo se dice?" o "qué es...?" o "a ver..." ha The words were just flowing! All of the practice and studying is finally paying off! 9 months later...hahaha I was so excited and so grateful to my Heavenly Father for that experience because it helped me remember how much potential my Heavenly Father really does have in me.

Having to learn a new language is just an interesting experience. I don't know how else to say it!  There are still moments every day where someone says something to you and you think you know what's going on, and you think you understand...and then all of a sudden you realize you really don't! ha And all you can do is laugh :) Just yesterday one of the ward missionaries came up to me and said something about the priesthood and I thought I was following, but then he walked away! ha What? I hope it wasn't important. haha

But I'm so grateful that I get to be learning a language right now. I am learning so much! I am learning patience, practice, and I'm learning to have more trust and faith in the Lord. I love this people so much and I am so grateful that I get to be here to teach them the gospel in their language.

The church is true!! Even in cold, tile-floored, squeaky-doored capillas (chapels) en Argentina!

I love you all!
-Hermana Vawdrey

Mmm... Anyone hungry for a "Barfy" hamburger? haha

Our District: Back: Elder Galan, Elder Hawes, Elder Hall,
Elder Flores (District Leader), Front: Hermana Jensen y yo

We made homemade empanadas for lunch today. We were so excited!

2 comments:

  1. My name is Barbara Hall and I am Elder Hall's mother. I stumbled across this blog looking for some info on Elder Flores, my son's comp so I could email his family a few pics I got! I was SO excited to see the picture of my son. I miss him terribly! Do you mind if I copy it and put it on his blog as well? Please let me know. You can email me a bhall311@yahoo.com. Horray for Bahia Blanca missionaries!!!

    ReplyDelete