October 29, 2012

I cannot say the smallest part which I feel

Familia y Amigitos,

I feel like Alma did in the Book of Mormon when he said: "I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." This past week was by far one of the best weeks I have had during my mission. So many miracles happened and I don't think it´s possible to love being a missionary more than I do right now in this moment.

Earlier this week we had divisions again. Hermana Carson went to Barrio Villa Floresta, and Hermana McWhorter came here to be with me in Barrio Pueyrredón. Hermana McWhorter and I were so excited to be companions again, because we were companions in the MTC! We were only companions back then for two days because she moved up to the advanced class. We laugh now because even though we were able to be companions again...once again it was only for two days! Yet. They were two days of miracles!

It all started last Monday right after we left Internet. V, an X-investigator, called us and told us that we were welcome to come by her house whenever. On Tuesday when I was with Hermana McWhorter, we decided to drop by. For those of you that don't remember, she's the one that almost got baptized last month. Due to a couple heath problems she wasn't feeling well the day of her baptism and we had to cancel it all the day of.

Well, on Tuesday we went by her house and she was a completely different person! We asked her how she is doing with her prayers and if she's been reading in the Book of Mormon. She responded and said that she prays every day and she is now in Mosiah chapter 15 in the Book of Mormon! She also read up to chapter 7 in the Principles of the Gospel book. ...Umm...what?! Incredible. She told us how that last time when she was going to get baptized she had a lot of pain in her spine and in her leg. Hermana Carson told her that she could pray to ask God to take the pain away. V told us, "But I didn't believe her. I didn't have the faith. But this morning I woke up with a lot of pain in my leg and I decided to try it. I asked God to take away the pain, and He DID! It left! Before I didn't have the faith, but now I do. I know that God answers prayers and I know that I need to use my faith and get baptized."

Hermana McWhorter, V y Yo
It was all such a miracle. We started asking her when she would like to get baptized, and she basically said as soon as possible. This past Saturday an 8-year-old girl in the ward also got baptized, so there was already a baptismal service planned. We were able to plan everything for that day and V got baptized 4 days later.

"I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." It was such a beautiful baptismal service. It was absolutely perfect. There weren't any hiccups or missing keys..it was absolutely perfect. The spirit was so strong and V was so happy! When she got out of the water she told us, "This is the best afternoon I have ever had in my life. I am so happy!"

I truly got to watch the conversion of V. It took a little while for her to be ready, but when her time came the Lord put everything into place. I feel so grateful that He trusts me to be his servant and His hands in this part of the world. I feel so privileged to help these people reach the waters of baptism and have a restoration of their spirit.

I know this church is true. I know it is the only true church on this Earth. It's Jesus Christ's church, and it's absolutely perfect.

I hope you are all well, happy and healthy! Les quiero!
-Hermana Vawdrey

Other updates:
  • We received transfer calls, and Hermana Carson and I will be staying together for another transfer. We were a little surprised, but the Lord knows what He's doing. Obviously there are still things that He needs us to do together.
  • Hermana Squire and Hermana Batista moved out of our house and into their own. Our little apartment feels sooooooooooo big now. We miss them GREATLY, but we're glad to have a little bit more space.
  • I finished the Libro de Mormón for the second time in my mission!!
  • Our elevator plays old 80's ballads. haha Mom and Dad, it makes me think or you every time because it's basically like our own personal FM 100 in Argentina! Woot!

V!

Two baptisms this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment