March 20, 2012

Who the Lord calls, He qualifies!

Hello Hello!

Sorry for the scare, we had Zone Conference yesterday so we had to switch our Internet time to today. But all is well! It was a busy week. Things are still going great with the ward missionaries. We have five of them that we work with regularly, and they are awesome! This week we did divisiones with them three times, and to be completely honest? It's absolutely terrifying! I have to be senior companion during all that and I still feel like a brand new missionary. I'm learning though how much trust the Lord has in me and how much potential He has for me to grow and feel more comfortable to teach. And to teach in a foreign language. In the blessing that our Ward mission leader gave me the other week he promised me that the gift of tongues would come in los momentos difíciles. Well...those divisions are "difficult moments" and I can bear testimony that the gift of tongues is always present. So cool. Who the Lord calls, He qualifies!

S and S are two of the people we are teaching right now. They are great! They aren't married, have a six-year-old daughter, and they both work two jobs. They are super busy, but they really look forward to the time with "las misioneras." The other day we had a lesson with them and we asked S (husband) to say the prayer. He started it: "Nuestro Padre Celestial..." His "wife" said all the stuff in the middle, and then he ended "en el nombre de JesuCristo, Amen." haha We had a good laugh after. Obviously we'll need to teach how to pray again. :) ha But at least they are trying! S (wife) has come to church two weeks in a row on her own now, so we are really excited for her. He still has yet to go though, so we need to work with him. We have a lot of faith that they will keep progressing towards baptism. :) Just yesterday she told us, "The first time I went to church I went because you told me to. I felt obligated! But now I want to. I know it's something that I need to do." YES! What a great "missionary paycheck" it was to hear that!

I don't have much time left, but thank you all for your support. Yo sé que Dios quiere que yo esté en Puerto-Mar del Plata en ese tiempo. Sé que el poder de la oracion es real. Podemos recibir toda la fuerze necesitamos a seguir los sursurros del Espíritu Santo. ¡Dios nos ama mucho!

Que esté bien!
-Hermana Vawdrey

All the Elders that were in my travel group to Argentina

Las Hermanas en Mar del Plata

Hermana Detlefsen

Our District: Elder Galan, Elder Forbes (District Leader), y Hermana Orton

No comments:

Post a Comment